Department of Sport Development
The Department of Sport Development is headed by the Director and is assisted by two Chief Sports Development Officers. The Department is responsible for the following:
- Coordination and monitoring of the implementation of the National Sports Policy;
- Coordination and support to sport organisations;
- Supervision and inspection of sport projects and programmes;
- Facilitate the provision of sport facilities and equipment; and
- Facilitating participation of Zambian athletes to regional and international competitions.
The Department has two Units namely the Programmes Unit and the Monitoring Unit.